Navigation and Radio Equipment
Visiting distant lands requires that navigation and communication equipment are accessible by the skipper at all times. The captain's reclining seat at the navigation table with the on-passage quarter berth are right where the equipment can be seen and used. This is the nerve centre of Malua.
- Full size chart table with navigation pod in front of reclining captain's swivel chair.
- Large storage under table with locker housing equipment.
- Dedicated electrical and switch locker. Switch board easily accessible behind custom switch and relay panel.
- Chart Plotter: Simrad CA44 chartplotter with integrated Radar screen and many outputs. C-Map charts of Europe, USA, Atlantic and Pacific plus Australia.
- Simrad IS15 wind/multi screen next to chartplotter.
- Autopilot: Simrad (Robinson) AP21 hand held autopilot next to chartplotter. Second AP20 at wheel fully integrated.
- AIS: Vesper Marine stand alone AIS transponder with own GPS and VHS antenna with feed into PC or Rpi Additional high volume alarm – will wake any tired sleeping skipper.
- Raspberry Pi Open Plotter navigation and recording system feeding into HDMI screen with TV output. World charts and trip recording AIS.
- Two IS15 wind instruments plus Multi and compass in pod above companion way – fully integrated.
- HF radio: ICOM M710 SSB internationalised for Ham frequencies with Icom tuner and backstay antenna. Connected to PTC II Pro PACTOR 2 for email, fax and weather reports - no monthly subscriptions.
- VHF radios: ICOM M502 with a second commander control unit. Two masthead antenna. Handheld VHF radio in grab bag.
- FM/AM kenwood radio with bluetooth and remote control.