Steering and Controls
Too many yachts have experienced difficulty with chain and wire steering systems so Malua is fitted with a direct connected drag link system from Whitlock pedestal to rudder quadrant. The two autopilot systems are also directly connected.
- Whitlock Cobra rack and pinion direct drive system from wheel to rudder.
- Two steering wheels: Either the large leather covered Whitlock or small harbour wheel to give better cockpit access. Wind-vane steering drum attached.
- Robust, functional and effective emergency tiller.
- Whitlock Morse single lever engine/gear controls.
- Autopilot: Whitlock ¼ Hp drive unit with rudder feed back directly connected to rudder quadrant.
- Autopilot: Course Master Hydrive hydraulic ram steering unit directly connected to rudder quadrant.
- Autopilots controlled by two Simrad AP20/21 interlinked units. One at wheel, the other handheld. Both linked to chartplotter.
- Flemming wind vane: Removable. Connected to small wheel while operating. Stored in cockpit locker.